Congratulations - you have completed Adjectives / Adverbs / Comparisons Test A1 - A2 Grammar Exercises.
You scored %%SCORE%% out of %%TOTAL%%.
Your performance has been rated as %%RATING%%
Your answers are highlighted below.
1. Bob is 79. Valerie is 79, too, so she is ......
not as old as
as old as
2. A: Of all the cities in the world, which city
is ...... to the Equator?
B: Quito. It is only 15 miles to it.
as close as
3. A: Don't forget to say "please '' when you want something from someone, dear It is........ .
B: I understand, mumu
as polite as
not as police as
4.Alexander is 75 kilograms Nick is 97 kilograms so
Nick is ......Alexander.
as thin as
not as thin as
5. A: You look very ...... in this dress.
B: Thank you. You are very .......
the nicest / kindly
nicer/ the kindest
6. A: He is shouting at those children ....... Do
you know why?
B: Because they damaged his .......car.
as angry as / expensively
angrily / expensive
more angry / as expensive as
7. A: Caroline's guitar is very.........I liked the wood work on it,
B: And she pjays it quite..........
beautifully / the best
more beautiful / good
as beautiful / as/better
8.We can win the game. They can win the game, too, because they are......us.
as strong as
9. A: The rain is........it was yesterday.
B: Yes. Thanks God, we are......today and
can stay home.
heavy / freely
as heavy as / not as freely as
the heaviest / freer
10. London is 45 km away from our city, but Oxford is 78 km away. Therefore, London is ......to our city.......Oxford.
not as close... as
the closest... of
11. A: This pillow doesn't feel...at all.
B: It is an extra firm pillow. It isn't soft, but I can sleep......on it.
softer / as comfortable as
softly / more comfortable
as soft as / comfortable
soft / comfortably
12.1 think you can work with either of the lawyers. They are both successful and the first one is......the other.
as experienced as
the most experienced
not as experienced as
13. A: You sounded...on the phone this
morning. Is everything OK?
B: I'm not.......Don't worry.
as sad as/badly
the saddest / as bad as
14. I think your friend is .......girl in this beauty con test I'm sure she will be the new queen.
more beautiful than
the most beautiful
as beautiful as
15. Rebecca is usually......Beatrice because
she is......her. She loves interacting with
the most friendly / the most extroverted
as friendly as / extroverted
more friendly than / more extroverted than
friendly / as extroverted as
16. Edgar is...at tennis.......his sister because
he has practised a lot too.
the best / of
as well / as
17........way to peel tomatoes is to keep them in hot water for some time first.
As easily as
As easy as
18. A:Who is .......... ...... student in your class?
B:Aaron.Everyone is ...... him.
taller/ not as short as
tall/ as short as
as tall as/ the shortest
the tallest/ shorter than
19. Sally finishes this job in two hours, but
Thelma finishes it in an hour. Definitely,
Sally doesn't work ...... Thelma.
as quickly as
as quickly as
the most quickly
20. Jazz music Is not ...... in Turkey ...... pop
music, but still you can go to
many jazz festivals here.
more popularly/ than
as popular/ as
more popular/ as
as popularly/ as
Once you are finished, click the button below. Any items you have not completed will be marked incorrect.
There are 20 questions to complete.
Shaded items are complete.
You have completed
Your score is
You have not finished your quiz. If you leave this page, your progress will be lost.
Final Score on Quiz
Attempted Questions Correct
Attempted Questions Wrong
Questions Not Attempted
Total Questions on Quiz
Answer Choice(s) Selected
Need more practice!
If you find any mistake in the questions or need an explanation for the correct answer, please let us know by leaving a comment below. We will immediately correct the mistake or try to explain the answer as much as possible.