The Passive Test B1 Grammar Exercises
The Passive Test B1 Grammar Exercises
Congratulations - you have completed The Passive Test B1 Grammar Exercises. You scored %%SCORE%% out of %%TOTAL%%. Your performance has been rated as %%RATING%%
Your answers are highlighted below.
1. In parts of Anatolia, many different fruits .....by many people in the sun for consumption during winter.
have still dried
are still dried
are still drying
2.The booklet.....with such small letters that I.....it well.
is printed / couldn't be read
had been printing / can't be read
has printed / can't read
was printed / couldn't read
3.It is quite expensive, but this detergent ......... better than the cheaper ones ever since it .....to the market.
has been sold / introduced
sells / has introduced
was sold /bed been introduced
has been selling / was introduced
4.Scientists estimate that Mars.....by the end of this millenium.
has been colonizing
will have been colonized
has been colonized
5.Before Copernicus, the Earth........... .............in the centre of the universe.
is believed / to have been
believed / being
was believed / to be
has believed / to be
6.The water in a fish bowl.....at regular intervals, so the fish.....healthy.
should be changed / stays
has been change / will have stayed
must be changjng / has stayed
ought to be changed / stayed
7.The flight ..........for more than two hours because a hick fog.........the sky early in the morning.
has been delayed / covers
delayed / had been covered
was delayed / had covered
hass been delaying / was covered
8.The tongues of giraffes.....in short and stiff hair to help them with eating the thorny Acacia trees.
9.Many mushrooms..... in the wild, but you .....to stay away from most of them because they may be poisonous.
found / have been advised
have been found / advise
are found / are advised
had found / advised
10.I.....to hear that John, instead of Sam,........... to sales manager.
was surprised / was promoted
have surprised / has been promoted
am surprised / promoted
surprised / promotes
11. Make sure you.....potatoes to direct sunlight or else they.....green.
don't expose/will turn
aren't exposing / have been turned
haven't been exposed / are turned
12. Rechargeable batteries.....again when they .....uncharged over a long period of time.
didn't need to charge / have been left
couldn't charge / leave
may not be charged / are left
can't be charged / left
13. Hundreds of buildings...........after the heavy rain yesterday
have been flooding
14. Little ........ about the history of Red Indians because they ......... written documents.
knows / lacks
had been known / have lacked
knew / were lacking
is known / lack
15. When a lot of people.....on a particular task together, it.....more quickly.
were worked / has completed
have worked / completes
are worked / completed
16. You.....if you......on coming late to work like this.
will dismiss / have insisted
will have dismissed / are insisted
will be dismissed / insist
are dismissed / have been insisted
17.The space rocket......while it ........for the launch.
exploded / was being prepared
has exploded / is preparing
had exploded / was preparing
exploded / hasbeen prepared
18.If people ...............by lightning,they .......... fatally in just a few seconds.
have struck / can be injured
are struck / may be injured
have been struck / will injure
19. It..... that people in the countryside... a healthier life than those in the cities.
said / lead
is said / are led
had said / are leading
is said / lead
20. You.....if you approach a beehive without .....yourself.
will be stung / being protected
may be stung / protecting
might have stung / having protected
could be stung / having been protected
Once you are finished, click the button below. Any items you have not completed will be marked incorrect. Get Results
There are 20 questions to complete.
Shaded items are complete.
You have completed
Your score is
You have not finished your quiz. If you leave this page, your progress will be lost.
Final Score on Quiz
Attempted Questions Correct
Attempted Questions Wrong
Questions Not Attempted
Total Questions on Quiz
Answer Choice(s) Selected
Need more practice!
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)