The Passive Test A2 - B1 Grammar Exercises
The Passive Test A2 - B1 Grammar Exercises
Congratulations - you have completed The Passive Test A2 - B1 Grammar Exercises. You scored %%SCORE%% out of %%TOTAL%%. Your performance has been rated as %%RATING%%
Your answers are highlighted below.
1. My mother is very angry because some paint ...... on the carpet in the living room.
has been spilt
had been spilt
2. We ...... first birthday of our son next week, and the invitations ...... out to all of our family and friends yesterday.
are celebrated/ are sending
are going to celebrate/ have been sent
are celebrating/ were sent
will be celebrated/ sent
3. When the project ...... , the staff .......an off week because they will have got really tired by then.
is finished / will be given
finishes / has given
was finished / gave
will finish / is given
4.The Internet ........by Sir Tim Berners-Lee in 1989, and since then, it ..........by people all around the world.
will be invented / must use
was inventing / will be used
invented / has been using
was invented / has been used
5. Thieves ...... this afternoon because they ...... a car from a car park.
arrested/ were stolen
were arrested / had stolen
will be arrested/ have been stolen
6. The functions of the new computer programme ...... to the employers by a technician last week.
have been explained
7.A passenger plane flying from Jordan to London.........by the terrorists this morning.
had been hijacked
has been hijacked
8. Some strong aftershocks ...... about 10 minutes after the main earthquake.
has been feeling
had been felt
9. Before its movie ...... , the final book of the Harry Potter book series .......
was released/ had been published
released/ has been published
has been released/ is published
releases/ will be published
10. A: How do you get to work every day? B: I ...... to work every day by my husband.
11. A prize ...... to the person who ...... the jig saw puzzle first.
will be given/ completes
has been given/ is completed
is giving / has completed
gave/ was completed
12. Downloading music from the Internet for free ...... until some steps ...... by the government to stop it.
hasn't ended/ are going to be taken
hadn't ended / took
won't end/ are taken
isn't ending/ take
13. The milk of the cows which ...... at the moment ...... to make yoghurt, butte cheese later.
are milking/ is going to be used
are being milked / will be used
have been milked / is using
will milk/ uses
14.Lake Işık ..........some of the water that ........in the irrigation of nearby agricultural land.
has been provided / is being used
provides / is used
will provide / is going to use
15. While the kitchen ...... by James, the bedroom ...... by Matt.
was being redecorated/ was being painted
was redecorating/ was painting
has redecorated / is being painted
16. Because Mr Pitt ...... one of his teeth , an appointment with the dentist ...... by his secretary Immediately.
was broken / had been made
has broken / will make
had been broken / made
broke/ was made
17.Ekrem and Kamil ...........a bedtime story by their nanny when the lights ........out.
have been reading / go
will be read / were going
were being read / went
are reading / have gone
18.The Grey family ...... for their dog for a week before it ...... by a neighbour in the park.
had been looking / was found
will be looked / finds
are looking / is found
have been looking / found
19. A: When ...... the exam results ..... ? B: I'm not sure, but probably they ...... them in a couple of weeks.
have ... been announced/ are announcing
are ... going to announce I announce
will ... be announced / will announce
are ... announcing/ are announced
20. Coffee, which ...... heavily all around the world now, ...... to America by the British in the mid-1600s.
is consumed / was introduced
is consuming/ had been introduced
has been consumed/ was introducing
Once you are finished, click the button below. Any items you have not completed will be marked incorrect. Get Results
There are 20 questions to complete.
Shaded items are complete.
You have completed
Your score is
You have not finished your quiz. If you leave this page, your progress will be lost.
Final Score on Quiz
Attempted Questions Correct
Attempted Questions Wrong
Questions Not Attempted
Total Questions on Quiz
Answer Choice(s) Selected
Need more practice!
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)